Q. Do you think the Opposition leader Tony Abbott is more or less trustworthy than the average Australian political leader?Q. And do you think the Prime Minister Kevin Rudd is more or less trustworthy than the average Australian political leader?
|Tony Abbott||Kevin Rudd|
|Total more trustworthy||20%||19%|
|Total less trustworthy||32%||34%|
|A lot more trustworthy||8%||4%|
|A little more trustworthy||12%||15%|
|About the same||40%||41%|
|A little less trustworthy||10%||13%|
|A lot less trustworthy||22%||21%|
Perceptions of trustworthiness were similar for the two leaders – both net negative.
20% believe Tony Abbott to be more trustworthy than the average compared to 32% less trustworthy. For Kevin Rudd the results were 19% more trustworthy and 34% less trustworthy.
47% of Coalition voters think Tony Abbott is more trustworthy and 56% of Labor voters think he is less trustworthy. For Kevin Rudd 40% of Labor voters think he is more trustworthy and 69% of Coalition voters think he is less trustworthy.
Greens voters tend to think Tony Abbott is less trustworthy (55%) and are split on Kevin Rudd (24% more/25% less).
Two Party Preferred: 05 March 12
Subscribe to receive the Essential Report
in your email each week
Search the Essential Report
- Chhoun Taing on Australia’s Best Prime Minister
- A Smarter Way To Police Pokies | Charters Towers E-village on Pokies Legislation
- One more promise to break « essentialvision.com.au on Return to Surplus
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Opinion of NBN
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Importance of Climate Change Issue