Q. Thinking about the Australian troops in Afghanistan, do you think Australia should –
11 Oct 10
|Labor||Liberal||Greens||21 June 10||March 09|
|Increase the number of troops in Afghanistan||13%||10%||20%||6%||7%||14%|
|Keep the same number of troops in Afghanistan||24%||26%||29%||14%||24%||24%|
|Withdraw our troops from Afghanistan||49%||50%||41%||73%||61%||50%|
49% of respondents believe Australia should withdraw our troops from Afghanistan, 24% think we should keep the same number and 13% think the numbers should be increased.
Support for withdrawal has dropped from the 61% recorded in June but is similar to the result recorded in March last year.
50% of Labor voters and 73% of Greens voters support withdrawal but 49% of Liberal/National voters favour maintaining or increasing the number of troops.
Two Party Preferred: 05 March 12
Subscribe to receive the Essential Report
in your email each week
Search the Essential Report
- Chhoun Taing on Australia’s Best Prime Minister
- A Smarter Way To Police Pokies | Charters Towers E-village on Pokies Legislation
- One more promise to break « essentialvision.com.au on Return to Surplus
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Opinion of NBN
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Importance of Climate Change Issue