Q. Compared to other advanced industrial countries would you say Australia is fairer and more just, about average, or less fair and just?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Total more fair and just||46%||53%||47%||40%|
|A lot more fair and just||14%||18%||14%||7%|
|A little more fair and just||32%||35%||33%||33%|
|A little less fair and just||8%||7%||7%||8%|
|A lot less fair and just||3%||2%||3%||3%|
46% think that Australia is fairer and more just than other advanced industrial countries.
Labor voters (53%) are more likely to think Australia is more fair and just than Liberal/National voters (47%) or Greens voters (40%).
Q. Would you say that Australia is more or less fair and just as a nation and society than the following countries?
|More fair and just||About the same||Less fair and just||Don’t know|
|The United States||47%||33%||10%||10%|
66% think Australia is a more fair and just society than China and 47% think Australia is more fair than the United States.
More than half think Australia is about as fair and just as New Zealand (68%), Canada (61%) and the UK (58%).
Views about the United States are similar across most demographic groups except for those on higher incomes – 51% of those on incomes over $1,600 pw think Australia is more fair and just than the United States.
Two Party Preferred: 05 March 12
Subscribe to receive the Essential Report
in your email each week
Search the Essential Report
- Chhoun Taing on Australia’s Best Prime Minister
- A Smarter Way To Police Pokies | Charters Towers E-village on Pokies Legislation
- One more promise to break « essentialvision.com.au on Return to Surplus
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Opinion of NBN
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Importance of Climate Change Issue