Q. From what you have read and heard, how would you rate the state of the economy of Australia?
And how would you rate the state of the economy of the USA?
And how would you rate the state of the economies of the European countries?
|Total getting better||32%||5%||5%|
|Total getting worse||37%||84%||70%|
|Getting a lot better||7%||1%||1%|
|Getting a little better||25%||4%||4%|
|Neither getting better nor worse||28%||7%||14%|
|Getting a little worse||27%||26%||27%|
|Getting a lot worse||10%||58%||43%|
A majority believe that Australia’s economy is getting better but the economies of USA and Europe are getting worse.
53% of respondents think the Australian economy is getting better and 12% think it is getting worse. 62% think the USA economy is getting worse and 53% think the economies of European countries are getting worse.
For Australia, 63% of Labor voters, 66% of Greens voters and 44% of Liberal/National voters think the economy is getting better. Younger respondents were most optimistic about the Australian economy – 60% of those aged under 35 think it is getting better compared to 46% of those aged 55+.
Two Party Preferred: 05 March 12
Subscribe to receive the Essential Report
in your email each week
Search the Essential Report
- Chhoun Taing on Australia’s Best Prime Minister
- A Smarter Way To Police Pokies | Charters Towers E-village on Pokies Legislation
- One more promise to break « essentialvision.com.au on Return to Surplus
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Opinion of NBN
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Importance of Climate Change Issue