Queensland – Not For Sale
Standing up for public assets
Queensland – Not For Sale aims to make privatisation of public assets a politically painful option for any state government.
The website at the heart of the campaign allows concerned Queenslanders to join the fight against the Bligh Government’s privatisation agenda. It hosts a range of activities – emailing MPs, topical videos, tv and radio ads; as well as a campaign event calendar and background resources.
EMC has worked with the Queensland Council of Unions to:
- research existing community attitudes to privatisation
- develop effective communications strategies
- produce TV and radio ads
- build an online community of more than 7500 users in just eight months
- forge significant and innovative links with community groups
- run a successful free media campaign.
Queensland – Not For Sale has made a big impact and remains prominent in Queensland’s political landscape, says Queensland Council of Unions secretary Ron Monaghan.
“The website has been particularly vital in providing information and material for the many opponents to privatisation. It provides a focal point for the campaign,” he said.