Q. Do you think the Opposition Leader’s proposal to ditch the carbon tax but keep the personal tax cuts will -
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Help Australia’s economy||44%||19%||73%||11%|
|Hurt Australia’s economy||30%||58%||8%||67%|
44% think Tony Abbott’s proposal to ditch the carbon tax but keep the tax cuts will help Australia’s economy and 30% think it will hurt the economy. Opinions were closely associated with voting intention – 73% of Liberal/National voters think it will help the economy while 58% of Labor voters and 67% of Greens voters think it will hurt the economy.
Those on higher incomes are more likely to think it will help the economy – 50% of those on $1,600+pw compared to only 39% of those earning less than $1,000pw.
Two Party Preferred: 05 March 12
Subscribe to receive the Essential Report
in your email each week
Search the Essential Report
- Chhoun Taing on Australia’s Best Prime Minister
- A Smarter Way To Police Pokies | Charters Towers E-village on Pokies Legislation
- One more promise to break « essentialvision.com.au on Return to Surplus
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Opinion of NBN
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Importance of Climate Change Issue