Q. Compared to other issues that are often raised in politics – like the economy, healthcare, immigration, etc - how important to you personally is the issue of tackling climate change?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Total not important||35%||25%||47%||12%|
|Not so important||26%||18%||35%||11%|
|Not at all important||9%||7%||12%||1%|
61% think tackling climate change is a very important (24%) or quite important (37%) issue – 35% think it is not important. 73% of Labor voters and 87% of Greens voters think it is important while Liberal/National voters are split (50% important/47% not important).
Those most likely to think it is important were women (65%) and aged 18-35 (68%).
Of those who believe that climate change is happening and is caused by human activity, 47% think it is a very important issue and 46% a quite important issue.
Two Party Preferred: 05 March 12
Subscribe to receive the Essential Report
in your email each week
Search the Essential Report
- Chhoun Taing on Australia’s Best Prime Minister
- A Smarter Way To Police Pokies | Charters Towers E-village on Pokies Legislation
- One more promise to break « essentialvision.com.au on Return to Surplus
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Opinion of NBN
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Importance of Climate Change Issue