Q. How much do the following groups benefit from the current boom in Australia’s mineral exports?
|Benefit a lot||Some benefit||A little benefit||No benefit||Don’t know|
|Mining company executives||68%||10%||5%||3%||14%|
|Mining company shareholders||48%||28%||7%||3%||14%|
The main beneficiaries of the current boom in Australia’s mineral exports were thought to be mining company executives (68% benefit a lot), mining company shareholders (48%) and foreign companies (42%). Only 11% thought that all Australians benefit a lot and 12% thought regional communities benefit a lot.
Views were mostly similar across demographics.
Labor voters were a little more likely to think that there was a lot of benefit to all Australians (18%) and mining company shareholders (53%).
Liberal/National voters were a little more likely to think that there was a lot of benefit to State Governments (37%) and the Federal Government (46%).
Two Party Preferred: 05 March 12
Subscribe to receive the Essential Report
in your email each week
Search the Essential Report
- Chhoun Taing on Australia’s Best Prime Minister
- A Smarter Way To Police Pokies | Charters Towers E-village on Pokies Legislation
- One more promise to break « essentialvision.com.au on Return to Surplus
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Opinion of NBN
- Green-baiting and the art of product differentiation « essentialvision.com.au on Importance of Climate Change Issue